Countryside YMCA Children's Center
1699 Deerfield Road
Lebanon, OH 45036
Open 6:30 am to 5:30 pm
Monday - Friday
The Children's Center is located within the Main YMCA building in Lebanon. The program offers a safe, nurturing environment for child to learn and grow. Our Step Up to Quality star-rated program is designed to meet the needs of families with children from six weeks through pre-K.
Our vision is for all Countryside YMCA Childcare programs to be the leaders in building children of character. Through the use of The Creative Curriculum®, our program encompasses the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
Full Time Preschool
Infant/Toddler Program Highlights:
- Children are exposed to a variety of experiences. Infants six weeks to approximately 18 months or when they are developmentally ready to move, have individualized schedules to meet their needs.
- A daily report will be given to parents, letting them know how their child ate, napped, and when he or she was changed.
- In our toddler room, the children are hard at work learning important physical skills as they gain muscle control, balance, and coordination.
- We also work on language development and learning to share with others. Each new skill lets them progress to the next one, building on a foundation that leads to more complicated physical tasks, such as jumping rope, kicking a ball on the run, or turning a cartwheel.
- As children get older, they recieve an ample amount of uninterrupted free play to explore, individualized time to work on and develop their Kindergarten Readiness skills, gross motor time, and much more.
- During the summer, children age one and older attend the outdoor pool for water play before the pool is open to the public.
Preschool Program Highlights:
- Lessons are designed to enhance problem-solving skills, improve personal interaction, and showcase each child's natural creativity.
- The well-planned curriculum is consistent with the YMCA's philosophy to offer child-centered and holistic learning. The curriculum is aligned with the State of Ohio's learning and development standards for Social-Emotional Development, Approaches Towards Learning, Cognitive Development and General Knowledge (including Mathematics, Science and Social Studies), Language and Literacy Development, and Physical Well-Being.
- Breakfast, Lunch and afternoon snacks are included in the price.
- Preschool children participate in swim lessons in the fall and winter and lessons are included at no additional cost. During the summer, children attend the outdoor pool for water play before the pool is open to the public.
- The Center also offers Enrichment classes for an additional cost. Class offerings change but have previously included gymnastics, ballet, zumba, sports, cooking, and Spanish.
- When the weather is not safe to play outside, the Center has access to use the gyms in the YMCA.
- Upon enrollment, there is a non-refundable registration fee that will secure your childcare spot. This fee is for each child enrolled. A child is not considered enrolled until this registration fee is paid in full.
- Bank draft is the only payment method. Tuition payments can be drafted from your checking account, savings account or credit card. This payment method will be drafted bi-weekly. This will make it easy for you to pay your childcare fee automatically, at absolutely no extra cost to you.
- Tuition is due on draft Friday for the upcoming two weeks.
- Our program is a not-for-profit organization. We base our operating cost on annual registration projects. In order to continually assure the highest quality of staff, equipment and supplies, we cannot offer reductions in our fees for absences due to illness, school delays, and delays changing to closures, holidays, inclement weather conditions, or vacations.
Closings and Delay Policy
- Any time Lebanon City Schools are closed due to weather conditions, the program will automatically operate on a one-hour delay and will begin at 7:30am. If there is a change or deviation to this policy, parents will be notified through our mass communication system of any delays or closures.
- If Warren County is under a level II or level III weather emergency, the program will be closed.
For more information, contact Nikki Stokes at 513 932 1424 ext. 131.