Being prepared for an emergency is the most effective way to reduce the risk of injury and possibly death. Countryside YMCA offers certified health and safety courses designed to teach you how to respond effectively in an emergency.
At Countryside YMCA, we have several certified health and safety classes to help adults, teens, and children better prepare for emergencies.
From CPR to first aid and life support, our courses teach a wide range of skills that can help in emergency response.
There are many benefits to taking a certified course through the Y:
• Learning CPR can mean the difference between life and death in an emergency.
• First aid teaches wound management skills that can jumpstart care if someone is injured.
• Safe sitter courses teach babysitters important skills, like preventing unsafe situations, managing child behaviors, first aid skills, and even financial management skills.
• Our life support course provides training in emergency recognition, performing CPR, 2-person rescue, obstructed airway management, and emergency oxygen administration. These are vital skills to have in an emergency and could save another person’s life.
• Safe@Home teaches young students in grades 4-6 how to stay safe when they are home alone, which can help prevent accidents, injuries, and dangerous situations.
Our health and safety courses teach invaluable skills that can make all the difference in an emergency situation. Along with preparedness, these certified courses will help you feel confident that you know what to do if an emergency strikes.