Volunteering Opportunities at the Y
At the Y, we have dozens of opportunities for people who want to volunteer. For some positions, experience will be necessary, such as:
- Teaching one of our group fitness programs
- Teaching or assisting others in our gymnastics classes
- Advisory, director or trustee positions
- Marketing, building ground and other special committee positions
However, we also have numerous opportunities that do not require experience to become a volunteer. A few of the positions where people find their passion for volunteering include:
- Annual Campaign Ambassador –As a campaign ambassador, you have an integral role in event planning and fundraising. Your efforts have a direct impact on providing financial assistance to members of the community.
- Christian Emphasis Ambassador – An ambassador position for those who want to help spread Christianity in the Y.
- Community Ambassador – Help with projects that help members and the local community.
- Fitness/Wellness Ambassador – A position where you help classes go smoothly. You'll greet members, take attendance and assist the instructor in any way possible.
- Organizational Volunteer – Work in the office, put booklets together and help the Y inform the community about programs and opportunities.
- Senior Center – Provide seniors with help, guide them and make the senior center a welcoming experience.
- Special Event Volunteer – Help with the coordination and setup of events that we hold. Special events may include scholarships, family events and countless others that we run throughout the year.
- Tour Guide – Help potential members of the Y by sharing your experience and providing them with a tour of our center.
- Volunteer Coach –Help as an assistant or coach for children or adult sports classes and leagues.
- YMCA Greeter – Put a smile on your face, welcome all members as they come into the building and tell them to have a great day on their way out.
These are just a few of the many volunteer positions that we have available at the Y.
Benefits of Volunteering
Through volunteering, it's possible to:
- Become part of the local community, get to know other members and really give back
- Learn new skills that you can bring to a new career or to your life
- Have fun doing something new and exciting
- Meet people who can become lifetime friends
- Make a difference in the local community
Volunteering is often very personal. Some people choose to volunteer at the Y because it helps them get out of the house and do something new. However, you don't need a reason to volunteer.
If you find a volunteering position that interests you, sign up.
Over 1,600 people volunteer at the Y every year. These individuals find their fit in their community by giving back at the Y. As a volunteer, you have a chance to improve your well-being and community health.
If you want to become a volunteer, please fill out our volunteer form here.