COUNTRYSIDE YMCA | LEBANON EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Applicants may send a resume to the contact listed or complete and submit an application (copies available at our Front Desk). Be sure to state the position to which you are applying.
YMCA CAMP COUNTRYSIDE
Summer Camp Counselors (posted February 5, 2019)
- Reports to: Jamarcus Gibson
- Hours and Days: This is a summer seasonal day camp position running from May 28th - Aug 14th; pre-season training will be required. Typical camp hours are M-F from 8:30-4 pm though hours may vary.
- Main area of responsibility: We want happy campers! Camp Countryside seeks to build positive character into the youth we serve through our core values of Caring, Responsibility, Respect, Honesty and Faith. Our Camp Counselors will provide daily leadership and guidance for a group up to 10 campers, with the end goal of helping them develop the mind, body and spirit as outlined in our Mission Statement.
- Requirements: High School graduate or equivalent, or at least 17 years of age. Must possess a strong sincere desire to work towards the positive development and growth of children. Our counselors are positive leaders who can work and relate well with other YMCA staff, children and supervisors. Must be able to carry out instructions and understand/perform a basic first-aid and safety within the YMCA protocols. Requires the ability to perform a variety of tasks outdoor in different climates to include independent mobility over various terrain and the ability to assist campers when needed for safety in general camp activities (ie. child weighing 50+ lbs). Physical requirements to include reaching to full-reach overhead, crouching, kneeling, twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs.
- To apply: Please apply at the following website: https://countrysideymca.campmanagement.com/apply
- Questions? Please email JaMarcus.Gibson@ymcastaff.org or call JaMarcus at 513-932-1424 x 149 with questions.
Special Events Host (posted February 5, 2019)
- Reports to: Kristin Gadzala
- Hours and Days: Evenings and weekends, expect 5-15 hours monthly
- Main area of responsibility: The primary function of the Special Events Host will be to oversee and assist members and participants with the facilitation of their birthday party, special event or after hours/overnight lock-in event being held at the Ralph J Stolle Countryside YMCA.
- 18+ years of age
- Prior experience managing special and/or overnight events such as birthday parties or lock-ins
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the YMCA facility
- Superior customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Proactive individual with the ability to anticipate a variety of scenarios and respond professionally
- Ability to lift, bend, twist or reach/carry equipment for setting up/breakdown of events
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Current Basic Life Support CPR & First Aid
- Position availability: immediate
- To apply: Complete and submit an application at the front desk to the attention of Kristen Gadzala or email resume to Kristen.Gadzala@ymcastaff.org
- Questions? Call Kristen at 513-932-1424 x 162
Swim Instructors (posted February 6, 2019)
- Reports to: Karla Toye
- Hours and Days: Multiple opportunities available including Tuesday evenings and morning summer classes.
- Main area of responsibility: Build effective, authentic relationships with students and parents while helping them connect with each other and the YMCA in our efforts to improve water safety throughout the community. Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Requirements: Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification and Emergency Oxygen. Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards. YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent when available. Enthusiastic and adaptable personality. Must be at least 16 years old, background check required
- Position Availability: Immediate
- To apply: submit an application at the front desk to the attention of Karla Toye or email resume to Karla.Toye@ymcastaff.org
- Questions? Call Karla at 513-932-1424 x 152
Water Fit Instructor (posted February 4, 2019)
- Reports to: Laura Roble
- Hours and Days: Day and evening class openings available
- Main area of responsibility: Love of water and helping people grow is a must! Our Water Fitness instructors plan and lead Water Fitness Classes at Countryside YMCA Main Campus. Build effective, authentic relationships with students and parents while helping them connect with each other and the YMCA in our efforts to improve water safety throughout the community.
- Requirements: Training is available! Will require certifications in CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification and Emergency Oxygen. Candidates should have an enthusiastic and adaptable personality, must be at least 16 years old and pass a background check.
- Position Availability: Immediate
- To apply: Submit application at the front desk or email resume to Laura.Roble@ymcastaff.org
- Questions? Call Laura or Karla at 513-932-1424 x 152
Lifeguard (posted February 4, 2019)
- Reports to: Nate Brestelli
- Hours and Days: Varied, must be available evenings and weekends.
- Main area of responsibility: Under the guidance of the Aquatic Executive, Aquatic Program Directors, and Aquatic Coordinators, the lifeguard is responsible for the direct supervision, control and safety of members and participants during aquatic programming, recreational and lap swimming.
- Requirements: YMCA or Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
- Position Availability: Immediately
- To apply: Submit application at the front desk or email resume to Nate Brestelli
- Questions: Contact Nate Brestelli 513-932-1424 ext 116
ARTS & EDUCATION
Guitar Instructor (posted February 7, 2019)
- Reports to: Jaime Spurlock
- Hours and Days: 30-minute private lessons to be taught late afternoons/evenings. Expect 4-6 hours per week.
- Main area of responsibility: Arts and Education Instructors develop curriculum in their noted area and plan effective structures to teach students with the end goal of offering our members high-quality Arts and Education programs.
- Requirements: Must be 18 years of age with a high school degree or equivalent. A Music Education degree is preferred along with verifiable experience teaching children. Must pass a criminal background check.
- To apply: Submit application at the front desk to the attention of Jaime Spurlock or email resume to Jaime.Spurlock@ymcastaff.org
- Questions? Call Jaime at 513-932-1424 x 226
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Cycle Spin Instructor (posted February 4, 2019)
- Reports to: Jasmine Lee
- Hours and Days: Morning and evening classes available (1-2 hours weekly)
- Main area of responsibility: Provide group fitness instruction for cycle spin classes; build community within the class. Modify class as needed to meet varied health, ability, and cultural needs. Engage members in YMCA programs and activities of interest and positively promote Countryside YMCA as a community leader. Address member concerns in a positive and time efficient manner.
- Requirements: Engaging personality with the ability to make member-to-member connections. High School Diploma, must pass a background check. Fitness instructor certification with CPR/AED; 1-year teaching experience. Substitute for other instructors as able. SPINPower certification preferred
- Start date: Immediate
- To apply: Complete an application at the front desk to the attention of Jasmine Lee or email Jasmine.Lee@ymcastaff.org
- Questions? Call Jasmine at 513-932-1424 x 140
Welcome Desk Associate (posted February 4, 2019)
- Reports to: Amy Rose
- Hours and Days: 15-20 hours weekly, afternoon or evening hours plus 1-2 weekend shifts per month
- Main area of responsibility: Welcome Desk Associates are the face of our organization! These staff members set the tone for our members’ experience by being friendly and welcoming to existing and potential members. Assist members with account maintenance, process member paperwork and program registration as needed.
- 18 years of age, minimum
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Exceptional problem solving and member service skills
- Computer literate with data input skills
- Ability to handle calculations related to monetary transactions
- Working knowledge of Countryside programming to provide effective information and support members.
- Position Availability: Immediate
- To apply: Please complete an application from the front desk to the attention of Amy Rose or email resume to Amy.Rose@ymcastaff.org
- Questions? Call Amy at 513-932-1424 x 182
CARDIO STRENGTH CENTER
CSC Instructor (posted February 6, 2019)
- Reports to: Chuck Wene
- Hours and Days:15-20 Hours /Week- Days and times vary -Mid Mornings (10a-2p) Mid Afternoons (2p-6p) and Nights 6p-10p Saturdays vary 6:45a-11,11a-3p, and 3p-7p, Sundays 3p-6p
- Main area of responsibility: Show proper use of equipment to members. ActiveLinxx member orientations, maintain cleanliness of Cardio Strength Center, wash, dry and fold towels, provide quality member service.
- Requirements: Knowledge of Fitness Equipment and ActiveLinxx System, Computer skills. Personal Training Certifications a plus, but not necessary, Most importantly communication skills. Must be able to interact with people
- Position Availability: Immediate
- To apply: Please complete an application at the front desk to the attention of Chuck Wene or email resume and cover letter to Chuck.Wene@ymcastaff.org.
- Questions? Call Chuck at 513.932.1424 ext 139
Gymnastics and Movement Education Instructors (posted February 4, 2019)
- Reports to: Peggy Hoffman
- Hours and Days: Gymnastics Instructors needed for daytime, evening and weekend shifts. Movement Education Instructors needed for daytime instruction, hours may vary.
- Primary Responsibilities: Gymnastics & Movement Ed Staff are responsible for providing a safe, stimulating class environment for children while displaying a positive, dynamic attitude that encourages children’s self-esteem.
- Requirements: At least 16 years of age, experience in gymnastics and spotting of skills is a plus. Reflects our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith; meets and understands children’s wide variety of needs. Creative and energetic individual who enjoys making an impact on the lives of our members.
- To apply: Complete an application at the front desk to the attention of Peggy Hoffman, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions? Contact Peggy 513-932-1424 ext 136
Now hiring part-time and full-time teachers!. Please see the job post page for Countryside Children's Center or call Nikki Stokes 513-932-1424 x 131
Also hiring Before/After School Counselors (split shift), please email Joe Gilmore for further information.
No positions currently available. Please contact Ryan Martin for further information at 513-932-1424 x 190
No positions currently available. Currently hiring for Cardio Strength Center Opener and Land and Water Fitness Instructors at our Otterbein LEC location. Please call Sheri Reid at 696-8590 for more information.