Youth Fitness, Crafts, and Dance plus 2015 summer schedule for kids
We offer a variety of recreational activities for youth, and lots of ways for kids to have fun at the Y with fitness, crafts, and storytime! Check out all we have to offer:
- Artistic Impressions (Ages 3-12):Let your child's artistic side emerge as they create a variety of arts and crafts during this five week session.
- Bible Study (Ages 13+): Come out for a night of fellowship and bible discovery led by Sherry Michalak. FREE
- Classical Ballet Pre 1/3 (Ages 3-5): This class is an introduction to classical ballet. Students will develop body awareness, flexibility, coordination, discipline and basic positions. This will be done on the floor, barre, and center work. French terms used. Students will have fun with a free dance at the end of class. Members: $37, Program Members: $54, Tuesday classes Members $30, Program Members $38
- Classical Ballet Pre 2/3 (Ages 4-7): This ballet class is a 45-minute class where students will be introduced to classical ballet. Students will develop more flexibility, grace, stamina, coordination and discipline. This will be done on the floor, barre, and center work using French terms. Members: $41, Program Members: $54, Wednesday classes Members $33, Program Members $43
- Intro to Strength and Conditioning (ages 12-14). Learn to workout and get in shape the right way. We will cover how to correctly do strength training with dumbbells, cable equipment, TRX and more! This is the perfect class for parents wanting their teens to learn the proper way to strengthen and condition their bodies. Member: $15 Tuesday, 4:30pm, Studio A (LSA), starts Winter I
- Kid Fit (Ages 3-6): Start getting fit at an early age! Experience interactive games set to music that will keep your child moving! FREE for members
- Kids Cardio Club (Ages 7-12): While Mom and Dad workout, participate in fun games and activities that will get you moving! Be sure to bring a water bottle. FREE for members
- Little Dribblers Spring I & II (Ages 2-3): 5 week sessions; Participants aged 2 and 3 develop social motor skills in a non-competitive parent/child program. Class meets at Landen-Deerfield Park. In the event of inclement weather, class will meet in Studio A at our Landen location. Thursdays from 10:30-11:00am. Members: $25, Program Members $35
- Lunch with the Easter Bunny (All Ages): All community members are invited to attend Lunch with the Easter Bunny located at Landen Deerfield Park from 12:00PM-1:30PM.Join us for food, games, visit with the Easter Bunny, decorate eggs and more! In case of bad weather, event will be held at our Landen location. Cost: Member: $5/child, $10/family. Program member and non-member: $8/child, $16/family.
- Self Defense (Ages 10-15) Instructed by Dr. Larry Bobbert, No Nonsense Self Defense teaches kids how to react and evade dangerous situations without years of training by using simple effective techniques taken from Tai Chi, Aikido and street fighting. No special uniform or equipment is needed. Cost is $25 per member, $35 per program member per 5 week session beginning with Summer Session II. The July 11th class will be free for kids to try.
- Spanish for beginners: Beginner’s Spanish (Ages 6-17): This introductory Spanish class teaches the language to children through games, songs, crafts, and conversation. Activities are age appropriate. Taught by Sherry Michalak. Classes are Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00pm in the Preschool Room. Members $31 + $5 materials fee; Program Members $46 + $5 materials fee.