Social Athletic Groups
The Y brings people together, and our social athletic clubs are one way to exercise and connect with others.
- Basketball. Arrange pickup games with other players. For more information contact Karen Mackey
- Frisbee golf. Arrange pickup games with other players.
- Handball. Arrange pickup games with other players. For more information contact Karen Mackey
- Knitfit. Combines gentle stretching and strengthening for the hands and lower arms with knitting or crocheting various projects. Class ends with chair stretches for the legs and feet. Bring yarn and needles if you have them. Starter yarn and patterns provided. For all fitness levels.
- Mothers Making Strides. A 12 week program designed to help moms exercise. The hour class includes: 15 minute warm-up and discussion of exercise challenges moms face; 30 minute sustained cardio from walking/running; and 15 minute cool down covering discussion and prayer. Cost for program covers cost to participate in Mothers Making Strides 5K. Program starts in January.
- Pickleball. Free, co-ed recreational pick up games played indoor or outdoor. For more information contact Karen Mackey
- Racquetball. Arrange pickup games with other players. For more information contact Karen Mackey
- Table Tennis/ Ping Pong. Recreational table tennis pickup games played in the main gym or mini gym on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. For more information contact Karen Mackey
- Tennis. Arrange pickup games with other players. For more information contact Karen Mackey
- Victory Gardens. Members can plant, maintain and harvest a garden plots for just $20 during gardening season. Gardens are rototilled in early May. For more information contact Jasmine Lee at 513 932 1424 ext 140.
- Wallyball. Recreational program caters to both singles and married couples. Christian fellowship and recreation followed by refreshments and devotion. For more information contact Kim Reeves at 513 494 2225.
- Y Wheelers. Recreational road cycling enthusiasts meet at 9:15a.m. on M/W/F for 20 to 100 mile rides. Meet at the front entrance.
The Y recently partnered with Deerfield Towne Center and created Your Walking Club , an opportunity for residents to get out and walk the Deerfield Towne Center with a certified YMCA personal trainer there to encourage and motivate. All participants get a t-shrit, and each time you walk, you will be entered into a drawing to win Deerfield Towne Center shopping cards. Join us Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30am - 10:00am. Register for Your Walking Club at www.deerfieldtownecenter.com.