Specialty Fitness Classes are Free Aug. 15 - Sept. 4 at the Y
- Barre. Barre class utilizes the ballet barre and a yoga mat to help you develop lean muscles. Your metabolism will increase and allow you to burn unwanted fat.
Cycle Spin. Improve cardiovascular endurance and strength by varying intensity levels. Intervals designed by increasing or decreasing tension and speed. For all fitness levels.
- Cycle/Core. Combines the cardio of Cycle Spin with core work using the stability ball to tone and strengthen, increasing core strength for better balance and stability. For advanced or intense exercisers.
- Spin/Yoga. Enjoy a no impact, calorie burning 45-minute spin class fused with a 45-minute yoga segment.
- Gentle Pilates. Gentle stretching relaxes and strengthens muscles. Strengthen your core, increase flexibility, balance and overall strength. For beginners or light intensity exercisers.
- Pilates Mix. Uses Pilates based exercises and movements that stretch and tone your body. Increase muscle strength and flexibility, correct posture and create body awareness. For all fitness levels.
- Pilates Reformer. Achieve increased lean body strength, optimal core control and increased flexibility while protecting joints. Private or duet sessions available by appointment only.
- Pound Fit: Channel your inner rockstar with this full-body cardio jam session, inspired by drumming. Using Ripstix®, lightly weighted exercise drumsticks, torch calories and tone while rocking out to your favorite music!
TRX Suspension Training. Use your own body weight and gravity to build strength, balance, coordination, flexibility, core and joint stability. This class is for all fitness levels.
Zumba. Energizing dance routines that feature aerobic/fitness interval training with fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt. For all fitness levels. This program is FREE for full members; however, Program Members may register for the class for a fee.
Flex Card Program
A Flex card purchase allows members to participate in a wide variety of classes without signing up for each class. With a flex card, you have the instructor punch your card at the start of class: a class is 1 punch, or a TRX class is 2 punches. The flex card is not available for all classes, so check with the instructor first. AOA members (50+) receive discount.