The fitness center, also called the Cardio Strength Center (CSC), is designed for both cardiovascular and strength workouts using top-of-the-line cardiovascular equipment and strength equipment. Fitness Center instructors are available to provide training on the equipment. Personal trainers are also available by appointment. Check here for our fitness center Hours of Operation.
The Strive Studio, where our circuit training equipment is located, has moved to the CSC. Members can work out on this equipment during fitness classes held in the studio, or during open access times. Children ages 7-14 can use this equipment, but they must be accompanied by an adult.
The Fitness Center can be used by teens ages 15 and older and adults. Teens ages 12 to 14 year olds may also use the Fitness Center when accompanied by a parent or after completing the FitLinxx® orientation. Members who are ages 12 to 14 should sign in at the Cardio Strength Center Desk and wear a youth badge during their work out.
We value our member experience and want to provide the best equipment possible. Due to high volume use, and to keep up with equipment trends, every year we replace and add new equipment. This year, we have invested almost $70,000.00 on equipment available in the CSC.
- EFX Elliptical Cross Trainers
- Cybex Arc Trainers
- Precor Adaptive Motion Trainers : Replaced 5
- Precor and Life Fitness Upright Bicycles
- Precor and Life Fitness Recumbent Bikes : Replaced 1
- Expresso Interactive Bikes
- Stairmaster Steps
- Concept II Rowers
- StairMaster Step Mills: Replaced 1
- NuStep Recumbent Steppers
- Life Fitness Summit Trainer
- Versa Climber
- Spin bike
- NEW! FitLinxx TP5 Upgrade
- NEW! Lateral X machine
- NEW! Helix HLT3500 lateral trainer
FitLinxx® is an interactive fitness network which records sets, reps, seat position, and more in a personal workout portfolio. The system tracks manually entered data from other strength or aerobic workouts.
A FitLinxx® orientation takes about one hour which includes development of a customized workout program. A FitLinxx® account is $10. Take the FitLinxx® questionnaire to learn more.
To schedule a FitLinxx® orientation, call 932 1424 or 621 3106 ext 175.
Nautilus® is a registered trademark of Nautilus, Inc.
FitLinxx® is a registered trademark of FitLinxx® , Inc.
Hammer Strength® is a registered trademark of Brunswick Corporation.
Selected Strength Equipment
Increase strength through the use of equipment designed to work all major muscle groups. Choose equipment from:
- Life Fitness
- Hammer Strength®
Free Weight Equipment
The CSC has Icarian and Hammer Strength® free weight equipment, dumbbells and Life Fitness Crossover Cables for strength training.
- Gym shoes or workout shoes required. (No sandals or open toed shoes.)
- Wear fitness appropriate attire. (No jeans or belts.)
- FitLinxx® appointments are scheduled on an individual basis.
- There is a 30-minute limit on all cardio equipment.
- Towels are provided to wipe off equipment.
- Headphones are available for purchase or use your own for the Cardio Theater® system.
- Only Countryside YMCA personal trainers can work as personal trainers in the facility. Personal Training appointments are scheduled individually with the personal trainer. Required two-hour notification prior to appointment cancellation. Failure to give notice will result in loss of that session.
- Misuse of equipment will result in suspension of Fitness Center privileges.